It is coming to that time of year again when you start to think about your New Years resolutions. Whether it is to lose weight, watch more movies or take up a new hobby, we all have them, but how long do they last? If we are honest, they do not last every long. Personally, I’m horrible at keep resolutions, the worst of the worst. I last maybe, maybe a week, if its an easy resolution, two weeks. I’m absolutely going to dread going to the gym come the new year, I might take the first two weeks off!
Since I am the worst at keeping resolutions, I’ve decided I will stick to working on my dreams and aspirations. Here are some of my dreams, life goals:
1. My first and in my mind the most important dream – to be a mother. People would always ask me what I wanted to do with my life and I would always reply with the profession I was thinking about at the time. Now, I simply reply a mother. Then why am I in school you ask? My answer, my mother. Well that’s not totally fair but it really is one of the reasons. My mother always told me that I need to have some sort of education to support myself if something ever happened. So, why not take photography, something I absolutely love, can year money doing, and still be a mom working around my kids schedules! My mother is a wise, wise woman.
2. This is the dream of every little girl, a wedding, a Christmas wedding to be exact. My mother can attest to my love for weddings. Many a times have I made her sit through Say Yes to the Dress or 4 Weddings. When I was younger I had a sketch book which was filled with wedding dresses, all Taylor originals. Who doesn’t dream of the white flowing gowns, the cake, the music or what it will be like to walk down the aisle to the one you love, the one you are going to spend the rest of your life with. As of right now, I have a book going of my wedding plans, really all I need is a husband and 6-8 months to get everything in order. (it takes 6-8 months for a gown to come in…hence the wait!)
3. Pinterest has only made this one worse, but I would love to live in a farmhouse. The house can be old or new in the style of an old house. If I can’t have the farmhouse, I would at least like a barn. Now because of allergies I can’t have animals…darn…but this barn is going to bring in some extra cash! My plans for this barn you ask? Simple. Who doesn’t love have their picture taken again a barn door, or the weathered wood along the side of the barn? I know I love it! Also, on PEI, I have noticed that there are not many, if any, barns that are suitable for weddings. So while I use the outside for my photography, I plan to rent the barn our to those beautiful brides who have their heart set on a country wedding. I’m telling you, this could be big!
4. I posted a video on my Facebook page the other day of The Piano Guys. I have the link for another below. These guys are phenomenal musicians! I discovered them a few months back and absolutely love them. Someday I am going to see them live…someday.
5. Finally, I want to be the best I can be. I want to be the best photographer, mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend that I can be. I have been blessed to live, usually, on the greatest little island and have had the privileged to know so many great people. God has given me so many gifts and abilities that I don’t want to waste them. I want to be able to use them to serve him and be an encouragement to those around me at the same time.
Each day is a new day, a new day to dream and to achieve those dreams.